Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1st, 2014 Update

Figured I'd post something to talk about the next reviews likely to go up and when to expect them. Real life has, as it tends to do, gotten in the way and slowed things down quite a bit. Still, I've gotten a handful of things in the pipe, so I thought I'd update the blog.

First up, Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition. This was an impulse buy and I'm kind of glad I did it. I haven't played Diablo 3 since the PC release 2 years ago. A lot of small quality of life improvements have been added, but the grind after L40 or so is still very real. It's not fun in any way, and there's an achievement for hitting level 70 on all six characters. That's a purple, time-sink achievement. The rest aren't too bad, but that one's slowing my completion down considerably. In the ~2 weeks since it launched, I've gotten a Crusader to 70 and a Wizard is being worked on now, currently in the mid-40s. It may take until October to finish since I'm splitting my time.

Dishonored was one of August's free Games With Gold on Xbox Live, and originally I hadn't planned to get it, since the DLC was not off. But then a sale happened, and the DLC was priced lower than the GotY version on Amazon went for. I was considerably in the clear for monthly bandwidth (AT&T is evil. 150GB a month. Overpriced BS!) so I figured what the hell. I was 21/80 achievements when I started, as I rented it when it first came out. I've gotten two or three since then just from replaying the game to shake off rust. Then I'll play through the DLC and then I'll actually start hunting.

Lego Marvel has been sitting idle for awhile. My plans to do it + Duke went down the drain when I got Diablo. That and the fact that I really need to be in a better state of mind to tackle Duke. I'm not in a position where I can afford to get pissed off at its rampant homophobia and misogyny just yet. I hope to get started next month, at the latest.

Lego Marvel may take awhile to complete, due to races and brick collecting and whatnot. Never tried to perfect a Lego game before. You certainly get your money's worth.

So that's where we're sitting. I'm close enough to the end of D3 that in a week or two I could probably just do the breakdown post for it. After all, beyond a point all I'll be doing is level grinding the entire original cast, and the difficulty seems dramatically lowered from the original PC release. That'll come first, but I don't know which of the three others will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment